LOG ON REQUIRED!!

Sorry, but the menu you just clicked is non-operational for anyone who is not logged in. Already a member? Log on here. Not a member? Register here. There's lots to see and do once you are signed in!

Subscription required!

The Wiki and the VIN Decoder are accessible by subscribed members only. If you are subscribed, you can also choose to hide the WIKI/VIN panel and Quick Links menu

If you would like to subscribe, or simply see more information about subscribing, please click here

Edit your...

Find my posts

PM Options

Edit your...

View Memberlist by....

QUICK LINKS

04/04 MG ZT-T CDTi 135+ For Sale **SOLD**

This is a selection of vehicles for sale in the UK and around the world as found by members.

04/04 MG ZT-T CDTi 135+ For Sale **SOLD**

Post Number:#1  Post by r44712 » June 28th, 2015, 10:37

*** CAR'S SOLD ***

04/04 MG ZT-T CDTi 135+ For Sale

Due to a new car, it's sadly time to let the MG go after 5½ years in my custodianship.

It’s with FDSH, ~115K miles (car is currently in daily use) with two former owners. Current MOT to March 6th 2016. Car is metallic British Racing Green and in very good condition for her age. Fitted with the original 18" Hairpins, each fitted with Continental M3s with decent tread. The exterior is fitted with factory roof bars.

The Interior features the original Kenwood Headunit with CD multi-changer and steering wheel remote. OEM MG fabric carpet mats are in all footwells. ATC dual-zone climate control is featured, along with electric windows all round.

Genuine brake discs and pads fitted were all round for last MOT, along with track rod end and front drop links. She has never had a catastrophic MOT failure during my tenure.

The air conditioning works perfectly, as do all of the electrics. She starts first time, every time. The manual box is perfectly smooth through the gears.

She does have a few age-related marks to the paintwork, none of which detract from her overall look. There are certainly no bumper corner scruffs/scrapes. There are slight rust bubble(s) on the trailing edges of the driver’s and passenger rear door black surrounds.

The separate tailgate glass opening is functional along with the wash/wipe.

The interior is trimmed in the Summit cloth upholstery, and is fresh and damp-free, probably owing to having being garaged when not in use. There are no rips tears or splits to be found it the material, including the usual weak spots (driver’s bolster).

The original (and fully functional) fan is in situ, thanks to the “gold” resistor upgrade, replaced by myself not long after purchasing the car. The intercooler o-rings were also changed at the same time. I can confirm that the bonnet cable release cable is fully functional and has never been a cause for concern. In addition JMA’s excellent dirt-trap (and gauze) is in place for the plenum chamber, and I can confirm that the ECU has never been drowned under my stewardship.

I have a folder stuffed full of every piece of paperwork for the car, including receipts and MOTs.

She drives wonderfully for an old car, a testament to the level of the original engineering. I believe she is mechanically sound. She is currently returning around 42mpg on my daily commute (and that’s not going near a motorway, where she’s been known to reach into the 50s for mpg).

I am looking for offers in the region of £1600 as I believe she is in exceptional condition and no expense has been spared when it comes to maintenance, but I am open to any sensible/realistic offer. The car will be available from late July 2015. Located in GU34.

Thanks for looking. Any questions, just ask.

Last edited by r44712 on July 5th, 2015, 6:49, edited 3 times in total.
r44712

Member No: 928
Region: Hampshire
r44712's car profile

Post Number:#2  Post by Zeb » June 28th, 2015, 10:41

Very very nice!
Zeb
Site Admin

Member No: 2
Zeb's car profile

Post Number:#3  Post by Jake » June 28th, 2015, 11:08

A lovely looking car, in one of my favourite colours!

Good luck with the sale.
2005 ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE - Rio Red
1999 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE - Dorchester Red
2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer - Royal Blue
Jake
Site Admin

Member No: 1
Region: Lincolnshire and Norfolk
Jake's car profile

Post Number:#4  Post by r44712 » July 1st, 2015, 9:36

Price reduced to £1600.
r44712

r44712's car profile

Post Number:#5  Post by Duncan » July 2nd, 2015, 6:47

I will point this out to a work colleague though I suspect he may be after a ZS. Is it advertised elsewhere as he won't see these pictures.
Duncan
Tech Team

Member No: 17
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Duncan's car profile

Post Number:#6  Post by r44712 » July 3rd, 2015, 8:34

Duncan (view post) wrote:I will point this out to a work colleague though I suspect he may be after a ZS. Is it advertised elsewhere as he won't see these pictures.

Ok, thanks. It's on all of the 75/ZT forums (that I know of!) as well as aronline and Car and Classic.

I don't know if http://s376.photobucket.com/user/r44712/slideshow/ would work?
r44712

r44712's car profile

Post Number:#7  Post by Duncan » July 3rd, 2015, 9:09

I checked and its visible to non members too. I sent him the link, but I think the distance might put him off as we are in the Midlands. Sounds like a well sorted car though.
Duncan
Tech Team

Member No: 17
Region: West Midlands and Worcester
Duncan's car profile

Return to 75s & ZTs For Sale